ESATCO provides Health and Safety Compliance Training for Effective Business Risk Management and Compliance.
How does Health and Safety Compliance Training help you reduce risks?
Health and Safety compliance training helps you identify issues with regulatory compliance, health and safety issues, as well as the common facility issues such as emissions to atmosphere, discharges etc., all of which must be controlled.
The scope of the Health and Safety Training is to:
- Ensure competence of your staff
- Ensure utilization of best management practices where applicable.
Call Now ...
The following aspects are typically reviewed during Health and Safety Compliance Training including:
- Health and Safety regulations
Our Basics Training (1 day overview) provides exposure to the basics on the acts, regulations and guidelines listed below that may be applicable to your organization. It should be noted that, based on some facility characteristics, not all of the legislation listed below will necessarily apply.
Our Advanced Training (3 day program) provides hands on training activites to help you learn to define your facility issues, types of emissions, whether they are air, water or waste(land), and which acts and regulations might be applicable.
Training programs are available for Environmental and Health and Safety.
Health and Safety Regulations and Acts
general management, training and records, first aid, work environment, occupational health, industrial hygiene, incident investigation and reporting, personal protective equipment, and machinery and equipment.
- Occupation Health and Safety Act, R.S.O 1990 chapter 0.1
- Industrial Establishments R.R.O 1990 851
- (Designated Substances O. Reg. 490/09) possible Exposure to Biological or Chemical Agents RRO 1990 O. Reg. 833
- WHMIS RRO 1990 O. Reg. 860, WHMIS 2015
- Training Programs O reg. 780/94
- JHSC exemption O. Reg. 385/96
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Act SO 1997 chapter 16
- Regulation for First aid requirements RRO 1990 O. Reg. 1101
- Critical Injury Defined RRO 1990 O. Reg. 834
- Dangerous Goods Transportation Act, RSO 19
Waste / Hazardous Waste / Chemical Management
- General – Waste Management (Ontario Regulation 347)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act (TDG);
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Clear Language Regulations(CLR);
- Interprovincial Movement of Hazardous Wastes Regulation (IMHWR);
- Import and Export of Hazardous Waste and Hazardous Recyclable Material Regulations (IEHWHRMR)
- Waste Audits and Waste Reduction Work Plans (Ontario Regulation 102/94)
- ICI Source Separation Programs (Ontario Regulation 103/94, as amended)
- Packaging Audits and Packaging Reduction Work Plans (Ontario Regulation 104/94)
- Ontario Toxics Reduction Act (Ontario Regulation 455/09)
- New Substances Notification Regulations (Chemicals and Polymers) (SOR/2005-247)
- Prohibition of Certain Toxic Substances Regulations, 2005 (SOR/2005-41)
- Guidelines for Environmental Protection Measures at Chemical and Waste Storage Facilities (May 2007, PIBS 5113e)
- WHMIS Regulation (R.R.O 1990, Reg. 860)